Carrom is a game that brings back several memories from our childhood. We all get nostalgic when it comes to games like Carrom and Ludo. You can play the online version to focus well and enable quick thinking.
Carrom also helps in better predictions and also sharpens the mind. The online version is thrilling and exciting!
If you want a simple game that flexes your brain muscles, go for this one. Like the offline version, you can win games through the virtual version. Wish to see for yourself? Check out https://www.mpl.live/carrom for action right away!
The game, which originated in India, helps in socializing as well. You need to be precise to win the game and have a good sense of angles. It is generally played on a square board, and each carrom man has different points.
You need to pocket the nearest carrom man first. Aim for the queen, as it has more points! It is a famous indoor game that is hugely famous in the middle east and southeast countries. It was earlier enjoyed at clubs and cafes, but now people enjoy the online version equally!
It can be played between two and a maximum of 4 people.
Some of the most amazing shots are the back shot trick, double shot trick, cut shot trick, board shot trick, and middle shot trick.
Here are some shots you can apply and play; Read on to know more.
1) Side shot: It is one of the trick shots that can help you hit a carrom man into a pocket or out of your opponent’s way! In this one, you have to strike it so that it goes in the opposite direction, and your competitor cannot pocket the same! You have to place the carromman at a place (if not pocket it) where it is extremely tough for the opponent to get it. It is a shot that you can go for if you are on the safe side.
2) Board Shot: You cannot expect yourself to ace this shot at the beginning. It can only be attempted if you are an expert at the game. This is a trick shot yet again. When you opt for this shot, the carrom men hit different sides of the board in a way that the piece gets pocketed at your side. You need to understand physics or at least give an hour to this game every day to win.
3) Middle shot: This is yet another tricky shot played at the beginning of the game. When all the carrom men are placed in the middle of the board, it is recommended that you hit two carrom men concurrently, and that can be only achieved by hitting the striker to the space between 2 carrom men.
By touching each other, both the carrom men should move in the opposite direction, and you can score two carrom men. This is an expert shot, and it might take you some time to master it. If you are playing the virtual version for the first time, we recommend you try the practice sessions before indulging in the cash games.
4) Cut and take: The pro players again play this shot. It is when there is a need to catch a carrom man in a different direction, and currently, you score another carrom man in another pocket.
5) Thumb shot: You might remember playing it in the offline version, even if it has been years. This is mainly because the finger starts hurting after hitting the desk for a while. This shot results in a more substantial hit if you play this precisely.
6) Alley-oop: This is another trick shot, and you should play it in doubles. Hit the carrom man to make it easier for your opponent to pocket it. And when it is your competitor’s turn, they will automatically score for your team.
7) Backshot: Hit the striker on the opposite side of the carrom board. It will automatically come back and hit the piece at your side.
8) Double shot: When you play the online carrom board game, some shots are ubiquitous such as a double shot. It is generally played when the piece is in the center of the board or at least near the center of the board. The striker must hit the piece hard and then make it go oppositely. This will automatically make the carrom men fall into the pocket at your side.
9) Cut shot: Cut shot is played when the pieces are at the center of the board. If the carrom man is placed on the left side, you have to drag and release the striker towards the right side, and then it will be pocketed in the right pocket.
10) Second hit: If a piece is blocking another, which you think you can easily score as it is placed near the pocket, you must master this shot.
Hit the carrom man that is coming in the path and blocking you so that it pockets the other piece and falls with it inside the pocket!
It is a great trick to get two pieces in one go.
So these are a few trick shots that you need to master for online carrom. Carrom is a very nostalgic game, and ever since the pandemic hit the nation, millions of people have started enjoying the game once again. The online version is equally thrilling and engaging.